When the day turns to night after a hard climbing day, you’ll be looking for something fast and delicious. Adding fresh ginger to the meal gives the kick to it all. Not only is this recipe good and quick for your MSR, but works also in any other kitchen that you do not call your own. I was quite excited to try out my new hard anodized saucepan from Trangia which was ultra light and scratch resistant. It’s non stick properties made cooking pasta a wizz and it’s so light weight. Try this:
Preparation and cooking time : 15mins
1 ginger (thumb size long)
1 big oinion
3 cloves garlic
Herbs du Provence (rosmary, thyme etc)
250g rigatoni noodles
2 small cans tuna in olive oil
1. boil water for the pasta.
2. in the meantime, remove skin from ginger and chop finely. Same goes for the onions and garlic. Add all in a sandwich bottom pan with some olive oil. Set aside
3. cook the rigatoni as decribed in the pack. Once the pasta is done, pour the water away.
4. brown onions, garlic and ginger till golden brown on medium heat.
5 add tuna fish with the oil inthe pan and stir
6. add chillies, herbs, Salt pepper to taste
7. stir for another minute or two. Reduce the flame to the smallest
8. add in the rigatoni noodles and stir in until the noodles is nicely covered with the sauce.
9 serve immediately.
Goes perfectly well with a buffalo tomato salad with olives.
Updated and reposted: 07.2017
Disclosure: Some of the products on this website links to Bergfreunde.de, where I have recieved samples in reviewing the product. All thoughts and opinions are as always, my own.